Everything you need to know about Michigan Student Opportunity Accounts
A new initiative aims to pass school choice
Every child in Michigan deserves the opportunity to get a great education — but not every child has access to a great school.
Together, we can tell Michigan’s lawmakers to let kids learn.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Michigan Student Opportunity Accounts fund families and students so they can access the educational opportunities that might otherwise be out of reach.
- Students from all over Michigan are eligible for these scholarships.
- Michigan Student Opportunity Accounts are funded by individual and corporate tax credits which create scholarships.
- Scholarship funds can be spent on a variety of educational needs such as online classes, tutoring and tuition, textbooks and curriculum materials and skilled training.
- Programs like this have helped kids in 21 other states – from around the political spectrum.
- Studies have found that all students succeed when kids can access the educational opportunities they need – even those who remain in district schools.
Michigan’s legislature passed legislation to create this program in 2021 only to have it vetoed by the governor– but we can still succeed. This school choice initiative does not need Gov. Whitmer’s signature to become law.
Sign the petition today to get Michigan Student Opportunity Accounts passed in Michigan.
Let’s let Michiganders decide.
Paid for by Mighty Michigan and authorized by Let MI Kids Learn