Don’t let Grand Rapids cut police funding
Use the form below to let city officials know you oppose this proposal. Your communication will be sent directly to the mayor of Grand Rapids as well as the seven city commissioners.
Here are some possible points to mention:
- Currently, the Grand Rapids city charter requires police funding to be at least 32% of the city budget.
- A special-interest group is looking to remove that budget floor – and dedicate at least 9.8% of the budget to other social programs.
- The new 9.8% spending requirement on other priorities leaves no alternative but to slash law enforcement spending.
- If this ballot proposal were to pass, it would mean a reduced public safety presence in Grand Rapids neighborhoods.
- The petition is misleading, so citizens likely don’t know what they’re signing on to.
As always, please be respectful when contacting your elected officials.